Friday, June 5, 2009

Meet the Modern Bohemian

I was reading The Bohemian Manifesto for the who-knows-how-many-ith time and I was inspired. I was inspired to write, to create, and to share who I am. I am a modern day Bohemian/Hippie/Free-Spirit and I am ready to tell my story... even if it is in pieces.
Just think of this blog as an ever changing puzzle. As the pieces fit together, you will see the bigger picture, but that picture will constantly evolve as more pieces appear to be placed within it.
This first piece is my "introduction." This will give you a little more insight as to who I am, and why I'm here.
I am Meagan; writer, musician, actor, model, teacher, artist, and more... I am here to spread peace and love to the world in all that I do - and that includes this blog.
So please, keep coming back. I will be sharing more peace and love, and more of my life, my stories, my views, my creativity, and my interests with you. I will give you links to great Bohemian websites. I will post fun pictures, articles, and information for you. I will do reviews on stuff that interests you! And of course I will open up to you.
I wrote a song about being a creative, open person. Some of the lyrics really make more sense now that I am here:
"I'm not talking about things that I don't know about and I'm not pretending to be something I'm not, and I'm not everything you expect from me; I'm just everything you don't... But I want you to know, that I will open up my heart to you, open up my heart to you, open up my heart to you... all you need to do, is ask me how I feel, and ask me what is real, and I will let you in... 'cause I cannot deceive you, I cannot deceive you, I cannot deceive you... when all I know is truth."

7 comments:

  1. It is so obvious, in reading your post(s), that the nature of the universe has put us at the same time.
    Can I tell you how wonderful that is when that happens to me!

    I am a "free-spirit" too and the joys we will share in one another's blogs are only the beginning. I enjoyed immensely your reads and have many loves in them. You are also a humorous life to read!

    Thank you for being a traveler in this journey with me!

    N-Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is so well written and you are such an inspiration!!!
    I also have come into a part of uncertainty with my life, after a major break up (Which is what my blog at present is based on, simply to get it all out so I can move on in life) and I looking to move to a smaller town, closer to nature, to live a more -free-spirit lifestyle myself, preferably closer ot nature and with more like-minded people.
    you sound like such a philosopher. I hope once I break through the negative phase I am in I can be as free as you.

    Thanks

    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your comments are so beautiful. I think my favorite part of having this blog has been all the great people I have met in the process. We are all on this Earth together, making our way through our lives and learning constantly. It makes me happy to know that we can connect and come together and support one another along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following you now. Enjoying reading your posts.
    Please check out my blog, etierphotography.blogspot.com
    I write about more than just photography; and oh, yeah, my wife is a hippie. She attended Woodstock!
    FCEtier, aka: "Chip"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meagan

    If you like bohemian fashion, you should have a look at my jewellery designs. You can buy in USD at http://www.bohemian-jewellery.com and http://www.dawanda.com/shop/newworldmonkey to buy in euros.

    20% of profits go to helping animals in Cyprus.

    If you like any of my stuff, let me know and I can offer you a discount.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, i had to comment on your poem "A Poem About You"...i have always been described by people as a ray of sunshine! your poem spoke to me in a way that allowed me to see what other people see from the outside. it is very difficult to see yourself clearly: and your poem has allowed me to do that! thank you for your creative spirit! i, too am a free spirit! and your creative endeavors have helped me gain courage to act on some interesting creative endeavors!! thank you for the life and energy you bring! (i don't have much of a blog to check out: i seriously just started the account...sorry! maybe soon tho! i am a bit of a crusader...!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'n so glad I found your blog...Now I'm off to explore the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete