Saturday, October 9, 2010

John Lennon's Birthday

John Lennon was born 70 years ago today, and though he is not here on Earth with us, I feel it is so important to celebrate his birthday, as he gave us all so much.  The music, the art, the phenomenon... and the peace.  John Lennon believed in peace.  He wanted to see people come together and live in harmony.
And I am sure that there are many people who say that they have a special connection to John Lennon, even if they never saw him or met him.  And I am sure that I am one of those people. :)  I feel a special connection to John.  He helped me so much.

He said in Imagine:
"You may say I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one."
And that one line has always resonated with me because I too want peace and love and harmony amongst the people of this planet, and am often called a dreamer, or naive, or overly optimistic because of it.  But I keep believing because John Lennon lived and wrote and sang about his beliefs, and showed me that I was not alone.  Even if I only had John Lennon on my side, I was still not alone.

So I am here to celebrate and say:

"Happy Birthday, John Lennon.  I never knew you in person, but I feel like I know you through your understanding and peaceful spirit.  Your art and your music and your mission of peace have had permanent effects on this Earth, and even though you cannot create new things for us, your inspiration emerges in the fine arts every day, in people like me, who love you and love what you did for this world.  Thank you for sharing yourself with the world in your short time here on Earth.  I will continue to live the dream and promote peace, love, and creativity wherever I go.  I hope I can make you proud.  Happy Birthday and rest in peace."


Peace and Love,
Meagan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meg!!!
    I loved what you wrote about lennon. I love John Lennon very much for everything you did, by the struggle for a more just and humane world for all the Institutes he created, he did what many politician do did not. I am very glad that Yoko keeps his dream they built together and continue the fight with many partners worldwide!!!
    Peace and Love
    Kisses
    Bia

    ReplyDelete