Saturday, September 18, 2010

Exciting News for the Modern Bohemian

For those of you who may not know, I have horrible teeth.  I mean, really horrible teeth.  They're straight but discolored and slowly (well, not SO slowly) rotting.  I have had almost all my teeth filled, had a root canal, and have had to use special toothpaste and mouthwash for ages.  Apparently, I have naturally awful teeth (inherited) and all my illnesses and vitamin deficiencies played a huge role in making them worse, as did the antibiotics I have taken all my life.  Also, to make things worse... I'm addicted to pop and I'm a mouth breather (sometimes) when I sleep.  So end result: Bad teeth.
Well, here's the exciting part.  On Monday I start the process to get my teeth capped from canine to canine.  Basically: new teeth!!! Yay!  I am so excited!
I have been feeling sad about my smile not looking so great because I love to smile, but now I think I'll get that confidence back.
I do feel guilty, because my parents are (somehow) paying for it!  But both of them just want to make sure that I get it done, partly for my health and also because they know it's been hard and they want me to make a good impression and be confident again.
So yeah.  Monday. New teeth. :) Yay!!!!!
Have a great weekend.  I hope your Monday brings good things like mine does.
Peace and Love,
Meagan

2 comments:

  1. This is an unexpected coincidence! My son also has discoloured teeth. We almost didn't believe the dentist when he said it's a naturally occurring thing. Fortunately, his teeth are not rotting. I wish you all the best! How's the new teeth, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, some people just have "difficult" teeth. I was so glad to find out it wasn't all my fault! haha Good luck to you and your son. I am glad his teeth are not rotting. Here's to hoping they never do. :)
    Thanks for the comment, and to answer your question, the new teeth feel great (when they don't hurt like heck! haha) I just got the permanents this past Monday but they look and feel like real teeth and it's amazing! My dentist is so incredible, and I am so grateful to have her in my life.
    Peace and Love to you.
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete