The Holiday season is approaching quickly, and you want to start buying gifts for your eccentric, bohemian, hippie friends but just don't know what to get? Allow me to help. Here is a list of 15 ideas of what to get your more carefree, free-spirited, mohemian friends.
1. Pick up some Dolce Mia All Natural Soaps.
2. Buy your friend an amazing tapestry, like this one from Allposters.com in the wall tapestries section.
3. If your friend is way into hippie stuff...tie-dye, free love, and whatnot and they have a refrigerator, get them this Hippie Heart Rectangle Magnet. It's pretty sweet.
4. Find cute boho dresses like this one at The World Closet. Other great clothing items can be found at Hippie Shop, Modcloth, and of course, good ol' Ebay.
5. Get your friend a gift that is both silly and very environmentally responsible. Buy them some Poo Poo Paper... paper made from elephant poo. Visit PooPooPaper.com for more information.
6. Buy your friends gifts from The Modern Bohemian's Online Shop. This is my personal Cafepress store. I have great mugs, shirts, magnets, buttons, water bottles, etc. I even have flip minos.
7. For a special jewelry lover, get special handmade jewelry, such as the I Dream in Turquoise and Flowers Necklace. Also, try visiting sites like: Etsy, Free People, and Soul Flower. I also like a lot of jewelry from my friend Wondra's store: Kronish Kraftwerks.
9. Handwarmers are a big deal to the modern bohemian, so get your friends a pair like these at Soul Flower.com.
10. Buy your bohemian, hippie, free-spirited friends some cool books, such as: The Bohemian Manifesto, Hippie, The Hippie Handbook, The Princess Bride, Rent, The Beatles Anthology, Ishmael, American Cultural Rebels, Twentieth Century American Poetry, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Moulin Rouge, White Oleander, Girl Interrupted, Hippie Crafts, etc.
11. Nothing says hippie like a blatantly obvious bumper sticker.
12. Modern Bohemians love music. Some good choices for your slightly off-center friend are: Flight of the Conchords, The Beatles, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Daft Punk, The Grateful Dead, Carole King, David Bowie, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Joss Stone, Enya, Bob Marley, and whatever else you think they might like.
12. Give your friends some great DVDs this year, of movies like Rent, Moulin Rouge, Pineapple Express, Once, The Wall, The Princess Bride, Across the Universe, Yellow Submarine, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Koyaanisqatsi, Frida, and Interstella 5555.
13. Your friends may be craving some tv shows on dvd too. I recommend Flight of the Conchords, Bored to Death, Project Runway, Seinfeld, Freaks and Geeks, M*A*S*H, and Glee.
14. Get the best candles ever from The Great Lakes Candle Company. Based locally in Michigan, these crafters seriously make the most amazing candles. They burn clean and evenly, the colors are beautiful, and the scents are great! Currently I have Autumn Harvest, Lake Huron Storms, Zombie Punch, and Cedar Wood. But I have also had Love Spell, Monkey Farts, Bottoms Up, Dr. Feelgood, and Lake Superior Storms. These candles are the best!
15. Make something yourself! Or buy something handmade.
Remember, these are just some ideas. Be creative, and good luck!