Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Little Break

Well, you may have noticed that I haven't been around much. This is because I went on a little trip. My boyfriend Will and I went to the U.P. for a week. The U.P. (for anyone NOT from Michigan out there) is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It was amazing! Beautiful, relaxing, fun... we had a great time. We went to lighthouses, the Soo Locks, an amazing fish fry at a local restaurant, and spent lots of time walking the beach, reading, playing cards with his parents (who were in the U.P. as well), and even got a chance to visit one of my uncles. It was amazing.
I will have to share more about my life with you all later, but before I go for now, I must mention this: Read "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn. I read it in the U.P. and I am telling you, it has to be one of the most amazing books ever written, and it really gets the mind working...
More later... 

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh the U.P. ey? did you go to the Grand Hotel? We never stay, but I love to just see the massiveness of the columns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah... we can't afford the Grand Hotel! haha But it sure is nice to look at. We didn't even go to the island! But hopefully we will in August. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you liked Ishmael you'll love the Story of B by the same author and the sequel to Ishmael...the title escapes me now.

    Oh, another one you might enjoy is Ranch Costa Nada by Phil Garlington. The jewel of this book to me is the rants from the "Demented Vet".

    Beautiful pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! :) I will have to check out those books. Thanks for writing the comment. :) Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

    ReplyDelete