Monday, November 29, 2010

PonchoMeg's Thanksgiving Weekend of Greatness

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday (if you are in a place where you celebrate Thanksgiving that is... otherwise, I hope you just had a wonderful weekend).  My weekend was pretty stellar.

It all started on Wednesday for me actually, as I had to prepare my very own gluten-free Thanksgiving dinner to take to my mom and dad's house.  My mom bought me groceries so that I would be able to make it all, and I am so grateful for that.  So yes, Wednesday, I started cooking.  I made the GF spinach and artichoke dip and GF bread.  It was fun, and... a success!

On Thursday morning, I got up early, made half of my bread into gluten-free stuffing, stuffed my GF turkey (there is meat with gluten in it, believe it or not),  and got my turkey in the oven.  While it cooked, I did laundry, watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the dog show, did some writing, and reflected back on Thanksgivings from my past.  It was awesome!

Scene It? SquabbleFinally, once everything was cooked and ready, I hauled it out to my parents' house and got to have a nice, family dinner with my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, and Kiki (my parents neurotic but lovable calico cat).  We also watched home movies and played Scene-it Squabble (girls won!).  It was a great time.

Friday was fairly uneventful, but I did get to see my former roommate, A. (who I miss constantly) so that was cool.  Oh and I faxed my stuff back to the unemployment office again.  (Hopefully this time everything is clear and I can get paid.)

Saturday, we celebrated my dad's birthday early (his actual birthday is today) by taking him to see "Megamind" (WAY good movie, btw) and eating dinner at Outback Steakhouse . Why Outback?  Well, originally, we were going to go to Applebee's, but they don't have a gluten-free menu.  Outback does, and has great food all around.  Plus, my dad got a free Birthday sundae (and no singing or clapping, which, as someone who used to work in the food service industry, he finds to be embarrassing and degrading) so that was good.  After that, I got to hang out with my friend Chin and a few other friends and we watched The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard.  It is a WAY funny movie!  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out.

Days Gone ByeThat leads to Sunday.  Sunday was another awesome day. Will's parents took us to see the Children's Ballet Theatre production of "The Nutcracker".  And with that, the Christmas season officially started for me.  It was awesome.  Sunday night we hung out with some friends and watched "The Walking Dead," which, if you aren't familiar with it, is an amazing show on AMC.  I am so into it, but there's only one episode left in the season I think!  Ahh!! What will I do!?!?

Then this morning, I had an interview. An interview!!  Oh, I am so excited.  It's been awhile since I've had an interview, so that was amazing.  Not only that, but the place is awesome!  If I get the job, I will be teaching but without having to constantly fight for my job or for validation like I've had to do in the past as a music educator.  Wow... that would be so awesome...


Pilot [HD]Anyway, now I am home, ready to work on some writing (even if I get this job, I'll still be doing my writing).  But I also have to prepare for my second interview tomorrow. (That's right, they want me to come in for a second interview! Ahhh!!! :) haha)  Also on the agenda for tomorrow... watching myself on Detroit 1-8-7!  Yes, that's right: the episode that I was a part of is airing tomorrow at 10:00 pm (Eastern/Standard time) on ABC!  I am SOOOO excited!  If you watch Detroit 1-8-7, look for me and my car.  My car is a maroon/wine colored Saturn Ion that should be in some shots and I am wearing a goldish-brown dress coat over skinny jeans and a printed shirt.  Good luck spotting me! haha

Well, I think that's about it.  But before I go, I'll leave you with a few new websites to check out:








Here's to a good week. :)
Peace and Love,
Meagan

6 comments:

  1. Hi Meg!!!
    Your weekend was fun!!! Congratulations on the success to cook!!! I love to prepare new recipes!!! Happy Birthday to his father!!! I love cinema, this movie should be great. Good luck on your interview and you get a great job. Excellent week. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great holiday and weekend, and I love that it was topped off by an interview today! Fingers crossed that they take you, and personally I think you've got a good shot if they (1) wanted to see you again and (2) wanted to see you again so soon! Maybe we're on a roll... 'cause today I just got a job offer from an interview I went on a while back! I'll happily pass my job vibes on to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job offer. I hope your job vibes reach me in time! ;) I really think that this would be a great place for me to work, so I really want it to work out.
    Bia- It's nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the birthday wishes for dad. I'll let him know. :) And thanks for the warm wishes for a good interview. With the job vibes and your "good luck" I should have a better chance of getting the job. :)
    Thanks both of you for the support. I really appreciate it!
    Peace and Love (and hugs)
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg!
    Everything will be alright! Many kisses and hugs those of his father, we have to value our parents. I lost my father at age 9 he had an attack cardiac, so I know what mean having miss.
    So enjoy maximum possible of time with your parents ... Here in Brazil too very difficult to find a good work the best competitions in the public so I am always studying to improve. I wish much luck and everything good!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bia, you are a sweet, beautiful person. :) Thanks for the comments. I'm sorry about your father and your loss. That must have been very hard on you. I definitely cherish my time with my parents and all my loved ones. (Especially since life is so unpredictable)
    Peace and Love to you my dear! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meg! I'm glad you had a great holiday weekend, so did I, thanks to some very nice people who helped me out so I was able to provide 4 days of feasting for my family!

    Congratulations on scoring the interview & call back! I have a feeling that you'll be telling us that you've been hired for a new job very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete