Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Homemade Halloween Costume

Take some old clothes, rip them up some more, apply red paint and smear with hands, take outside and rub in the dirt, shake out, dirty them up more with some bronzer, and then put them on.  And do wild hair and "make up."  And then you have my costume. That is pretty much exactly how it came together.  The idea was zombie, but it definitely turned into Zombie Killer.  I looked pretty badass.  I think. haha  What do you think?


 Too bad that I didn't have The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead (I have a friend who has it.  Reads it.  Maybe even lives
by it! haha) But from the looks of me, I didn't need it.  I was definitely channeling the "kick-butt chick" in the movies who gets battered and bruised and beat up and abused... and comes out stronger and deadlier than she started.
I liked the power of it.  Makes me want to keep working out! haha


Did anyone else make some homemade costumes or dress up at all for Halloween?  Please share if you did!

Peace and Love,
Meagan
The Zombie Killer

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I love going to thrift stores in search of costume pieces. It looks much more authentic when you use real clothing and create the look you want, rather than buying ready-made costumes in a retail store. We made zombie "thriller" costumes like this for my daughters dance company 2 years ago...what fun tearing up the clothes. We actually dragged them through the dirt and ran them over with our cars too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I definitely had a lot of fun making them. You ran them over with your car too? haha Awesome. Store bought costumes can be alright, but I definitely like homemade and handcrafted. Next Halloween if I have some money I'd like to buy a costume off of Etsy or something. People are so creative! :) Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete