Friday, November 19, 2010

Peace & Love & Follow Friday

Hello all.  Well, it's been a pretty interesting week.  I'm learning the ropes of being poor and realizing how many things I took for granted the few times I have had money as an adult.  This is good, because one day, when I do actually have money again, I will know how to make it stretch AND I will be more grateful for all of the things that I will get to do that I can't do now (like... going to the movies or being able to buy craft supplies or going to P.F. Chang's or being able to buy things with cash instead of pennies...)  So yeah... it's definitely a good learning experience.


So what's been happening.  Well, I have been doing a LOT of writing.  Not a lot of sleeping.  And I've been hanging out with friends, cuddling with Ava Boo Boo, and just living my crazy Bohemian life. :)

And the Westboro Baptist Church came to town.  But not in great numbers.  Apparently, there were only about 3 of them outside of East Lansing High School yesterday. (I decided not to go so as not to give them any fuel for their fire.  I really do just want peace and love.)
In any case, the students showed them that we didn't need any hate coming from them in our community by doing their own peaceful counter-protest.  Read more about it here: NBC News Article on WBC in East Lansing


Anyway, on to today.  Well, today is Friday, and as some of you might know, Friday is "follow friday" on Twitter.  So, I, like many others, having been finding new people to follow today and promoting people to follow as well.  In my "follow friday" adventures, I found a lot of interesting websites to check out.  Here's what I came across:

Located in Ohio.  Seems like a neat place.  Plus, I gotta represent for anything "Great Lakes." haha

I get excited whenever I come across people trying to promote peace.  

I'm a follower!  I can't wait to read more.  It seems like there's a lot of stuff here to help people & the world.

One Life. One Planet. Live Deeply.  
I am definitely interested in knowing more...

I will definitely be spending more time on this site too.  Check it out if you want peace.

Clothing for people who love peace and love.

I know nothing about this site yet, but I like the idea of a record company promoting peace.  So yeah... I'll have to look into it more...

Heroes working for peace.  Awesome.

He appeals to me because he believes in sharing creativity, thoughts, and ideas on the web.

If you're looking for a new book, here's an author I came across today.

Musician / Geek / Thinker / Blogger

And these next two are not new finds, but two sites I just think you should check out. :)

Google offers helpful tools to communicate with people all over the world; even if they speak a different language.

My brand new website.  All about PonchoMeg: The Modern Bohemian on the web & in life.

And I really don't know what else to write about.  So I will leave you with all that for now.  Now, if you have any great sites about peace, love, creativity, giving, writing, hippies, bohemians, etc. that you like, please share them in the comments so I can check them out too. :)

Peace and Love,
Meagan


8 comments:

  1. Hi Meg! Great blog & website. I may not be a hippie or a bohemian, and I'm not on Twitter, but I am a new follower of your blog through my blogger dashboard. I came to your place after you so kindly visited my blog with your helpful advice and I like what I see here. Thank you so much!

    True to your word, you do have wonderful resources on your website, thank you so much for sharing.

    Just like you, my financial troubles are teaching me how to better stretch my dollars once I do have them again. ;)

    I have one thing that I think you might like which I'd like to share with you. If you have a facebook account, I run a page which is a 24/7 Online Talent Show here:

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/MJ-Stevenson-Presents-Online-Talent-Show/154462911246823

    It is open to everybody who would like a free platform to share their creative works in a kind & supportive environment (100% troll free). You can showcase your work to other artists and find an audience filled with people who are enthusiastic about seeing new stuff who will encourage you to keep going. You can meet new friends and network there (I may not be a hippie bohemian, but many of my friends are & so are a lot of the Online Talent Show participants.)

    It's also a neat place to see a lot of wonderful stuff that other people have created (scroll down there for older posts). We've got writers, poets, artists, musicians, and photographers there).

    The only rules are that you only post your own stuff and that you be kind to other participants. I think you'd fit in perfectly.

    Since I know that you also write for Associated Content, I'll tell you that it's also a way to get some extra page views for your work.

    I have a feeling that people over there will really like you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here Meg, this is for you, in thanks for your kindness to me:

    http://mjstevensonblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/people-helping-people-blog-love-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the WBC has a tendency to inflate the numbers they think they'll be able to generate. I love it when they fail miserably. :D

    Meanwhile, hopefully this'll bring you some new followers too: http://reefbotanicals.blogspot.com/2010/11/blogs-i-follow-poncho-meg-modern.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot tell you both how much all of this means to me. You are both so lovely and compassionate, it makes my whole body fill with love and hope for our world. Thank you so much for featuring me in such big ways. :)
    For everyone else reading this, please check out these ladies and their sites. They are amazing! :)

    Peace and Love,
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meg!!!
    I'm from Brazil. I am not the know speak english very well but I'm studying the english. I saw your comment on the site of Yoko and I really liked if you me and follow me will be a pleasure. My blog: www.biapensamentos.blogspot.com
    Peace and Love for you
    Kisses
    Bia
    Porto Alegre - Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bia,
    I am so happy to see your comment. I really want to meet other like-minded people from around the world, so thank you for finding me! How is life in Brazil?
    I am following your blog-you have some really great stuff there.
    If you need help with some of the English, I have Google Translate tools on the top of my blog, just in case. :)
    Stay in contact, please! :)
    Peace and Love,
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meg!!!
    Can I call you Meg Meagan or prefer? was very happy to meet you. Here in Brazil is good but there is much corruption and violence so we have always been very caring. Yes I use the translator, thank you for really do not know much English. It's nice to know that there are still people in the world who follow the philosophy of peace and love Lennon and Yoko continues to bring his dream to the world, always visit the site of Yoko Ono, I admire the fact I love John Lennon and Yoko Ono by all they did, the institutions that created and really do something for a better world. Pleasure to meet you. I love to have contact with other peoples and cultures. Have a nice week. Kisses Bia

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can call me Meagan, Meg, Poncho, PonchoMeg... I will respond to all of them. Whatever feels right to you. :) I am glad that we met and that we both share a love of John and Yoko and their vision for peace and love. :)

    ReplyDelete