Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lists: Things Every Modern Bohemian Should WATCH, READ, or LISTEN TO...

What to watch: (Movies)
Moulin Rouge
RENT
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Documentaries
Mini-series and movies from PBS or the BBC
La Boheme
Once
most movies with subtitles

What to watch: (Stage)
RENT
La Boheme
Les Miserables

What to watch: (TV)
Comedians
Compelling, story driven dramas
PBS

What to Read:
Bohemian Manifesto by Laren Stover
Hippie by Barry Miles
The Way to God (a collection of Gandhi's words)
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
The Outsiders by SE Hinton
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
White Oleander by Janet Fitch
Poetry (All kinds)
Village Voice
Any cool underground paper, magazine, or blog

What to listen to: (At least, what I am listening to at the moment)
Beatles
Queen
Led Zeppelin
Daft Punk
E-Type
The Corrs
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Imogen Heap
Eisley

Of course, these lists can be added to at any time, altered at any time, taken seriously, taken as a joke, obliterated or embellished, posted again or deleted forever. You can follow them fanatically or completely ignore them. But I love making lists. And I will probably make more. Do with them what you will...

5 comments:

  1. Have you read Pride and Prejudice and zombies? I haven't started it yet, but I'm pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Who is it by? I love to read so maybe I will read it. Let me know what you think when you start it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about folk music Meg - 60s or otherwise? Peter, Paul, and Mary - stuff like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like seven brides for seven brothers. The classic, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to add more to my lists! haha

    ReplyDelete