Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Princess Bride


"The Princess Bride" is definitely one of my all time favorite movies. And the more I watch it, the more I love it. I could probably watch "The Princess Bride" every day and never get sick of it (which can only be said for two other movies for me: "Moulin Rouge" and "The Land Before Time"). Why is "The Princess Bride" so good you ask? Well, it has a love story (which I am a sucker for), it is VERY funny (pretty much every line is a joke somehow), the characters are perfect (yes, perfect) and the last line that the Grandfather says to his Grandson makes me want to cry. It's so beautiful.
Some favorite moments for me: The sword fight between "The man in black" and Inigo (of course), the moment in the fire swamp right after Wesley says "Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist," when Fezzik says "I hope we win," and of course, that moment between the Grandson and his Grandfather at the end. And I'll admit: Wesley is by far one of the hottest men ever. Why? Because he is handsome, smart, talented, manly, gentlemanly, charming, witty, sexy, mysterious... need I go on? And Buttercup? Robin Wright was amazing. I love her!
Okay...maybe I've gone on long enough (doubtful...) so I'll leave you with this link to check out amazing Princess Bride quotes. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment