Sunday, January 19, 2014

2014... Did You Sneak Up on Me?



I don't know about you, but for me, 2013 went by very quickly. Not only that, but my life changed a lot, yet again, in 2013. I moved out of the house I lived in for 3 years, I got sued, I got 2 new jobs (as a promotional model and as a teacher at a daycare), I had a lot of health problems, and I made a lot of progress on 2 of my books and some music too. 

But unfortunately, with all these happenings and changes and medical issues, I haven't been able to devote as much time to my online writing work. It makes me sad. 

My online work is still making me a little money, so that obviously is not why I am sad. I'm sad because there is a huge community of writers, readers, fans, and friends who I share my work with and whose work I read and enjoy. I'm sad because I LOVE to write, and I feel like I have very little time to do so, so I have to be incredibly selective. And I'm sad because I truly thought that this would be the year that I would finally be making a full time living off of my online writing work. Alas... life does not always work the way we want it to though...

Had I had the time to devote to my online work in 2013, I think perhaps 2014 WOULD have been my great year as an online writer making money doing something I love, maybe even full time. But unfortunately, with having to pay for a new apartment, pay off my landlord, pay for medical services, and deal with the debt that comes with being sued (thanks credit cards...) I had to consistently work in the "real world" and not devote time to writing. I didn't even do a Hippie/Bohemian Gift Guide for the holidays! That's insane!

But even as I'm writing this, I feel I am being too negative...

Alright, so I had some financial and medical problems...

Okay, I had to work a lot and not write much...

And yeah, I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked...

But that DOES NOT MEAN THAT 2014 IS A BUST! It just started, after all. :)

So I guess what I'm saying is... even though 2013 flew by and I now have to spend too much time in the "real world," 2014 could still totally be my year to shine and thrive online! (And maybe even make enough money to be full time. You know, if I wanted to.)

Because I can work hard. I can make changes. I can shake things up and make things happen and create magic! I can dream and strive and live and thrive - and I can succeed.

Because I'm already kinda famous. ;)

See?

A quote of mine got a rather nice treatment from meetville.com:


And I DO still want that you know... ;)

One more highlight from 2013 before I sign off:

 I got to be a part of a worldwide art project when I attended Artprize 2013 in Grand Rapids, MI.  So that's pretty awesome too. :)
Here I am (top left) holding up what "Family" means to me:



Visit www.amwayprojectstory.com to learn more about this artwork.

And have a GREAT 2014 my friends!

Peace and Love,
Meagan

1 comment:

  1. Votre blog est simplement génial. J'y ai découvert de superbes images, signatures, citations. Je ne ma lasse pas
    de le regarder

    voyance en ligne gratuite

    ReplyDelete