Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Living the Bohemian Life...Random Tidbits From the Past Few Days

I feel like I am such a downer... even though I am grateful for what I have and I still have hope that the future will be better, right now... I just feel... down.  My unemployment is being held up again.  Why?  I don't know.  I don't know what else I need to do to convince them that I have nothing.  But, oh well.  If I can't get unemployment, I will just have to make money somehow myself, and more than the $30-$40 a month I make with my online writing right now.  But how?
I don't know.  But here's what I would like to see happen:

*More royalties from eHow.com (My average right now is $10-$30 a month...)
*Write more articles for List my Five and have them bring in at least $100 a month (this is possible, right?)
*Make more money off of my blog. (Right now, I haven't even reached the payout with my blog advertising... and the payout is only $10!  After almost 2 years, I have made $7.09 off of my blog... wow...)
*Write more articles for Hubpages, Squidoo, Bukisa, and The Examiner and somehow drive lots of traffic through so I can make some real money off of them.  (I've made $0.75 on Squidoo, plus some money for charity, a couple bucks on Bukisa, and a big $0 on Hubpages and The Examiner.)
*A part time job!  (I AM willing to work out in the "real world" too.)
*Get paid to sing, teach, act, write, perform, inform, help, craft, create, or even babysit!  I feel like I have a lot of talents that people could make use of.
*Become rich and famous and never have to worry about money again (This is probably the least likely thing on this list, but I don't want to count it out...)

We'll see how it goes...
But I have to rant a little before I continue.  What is the deal with unemployment!!??!?!?  I understand that there are people who cheat the system, but I am not one of those people.  So why is it so hard for me to get them to help me?  I just don't understand.  Am I an idiot?  Do I not know how to do something I'm supposed to be doing, and if so, couldn't they just TELL me, so that I could get some money to actually eat a decent meal?  (The most food I've eaten in two weeks was at my sister's rehearsal dinner and wedding!)  And what about a "bridge card" (food stamps)?  Why am I not getting that?  When I know people better off than me that have it?  People who don't need it!  People who have jobs, people who have people to pay for stuff for them, or students who have no cares in the world.  Why do they have this help and I don't?  I just don't understand...

Alright.  End Rant.  It won't help anything to be upset.

So let's look at the positives:

My sister got married this past weekend.  Both the ceremony and the reception were amazing and my sister looked SO beautiful! She and her man B. got married at the Bridge Street Wedding Chapel in Grand Ledge, MI and then had a great reception at Walnut Hills Country Club in East Lansing, MI.  It was magical.  Walnut Hills even made sure that I had all gluten-free food.

Speaking of gluten-free food... the restaurant that we had the rehearsal dinner at in Grand Ledge, Cugino's, did NOT have a gluten-free menu.  HOWEVER... a nice gentleman at the establishment (Chef, perhaps owner?) helped me out over the phone and in the restaurant, checking labels with me and everything, to make sure that I had a gluten-free experience.  I can't tell you how grateful I was for that.  So, if you are ever in Grand Ledge and are feeling hungry, please visit Cugino's.  The amount of attention, respect, and compassion that they showed me makes them very deserving of some extra business. (My food was really yummy too.  When I couldn't use the margarine spread or sour cream on my baked potato, we even got inventive with some cheddar cheese and real butter, and it was delish!)  So yeah.. go there.  Eat.  And enjoy!

Other positive things...

Let's make a list:
1. Over 100 fans on Facebook for PonchoMeg: The Modern Bohemian.  I will be having a contest soon to celebrate!
2. New friends!  I have made some new friends around the web and have a lot of new followers on Twitter.  Yay!
3. A donation to my blog was made by msfullroller, a blog follower of mine and a super nice person, who told me not spend the money on blog costs or charitable donations as I normally would but instead she said "Please use this for yourself."  Amazing.  To her I say: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  Your level of compassion for those who are struggling is inspiring.
4. Fun/Interesting/Important stuff I have found online recently and/or long ago and want to share with you:

Rusty Zipper - Vintage hippie clothes abound.  I love it. Too bad I can't afford it! haha

New friend Hunter Pecunia's website: Hunter Pecunia

To Where Now - Just check it out.  This is another new friend's page.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - Just in case you know someone who is struggling and contemplating suicide.  (Note:  I am not one of these people.  I may be struggling, but I'm not really into "death," so... I don't think about suicide as a way out.  I thought that was important to note.)

Minecraft - Amazingly addictive simple game of building stuff with blocks.  I am obsessed! haha  I've built a giant castle, a "hippie den," an underground tunnel system under a theatre, and some sweet walkways and gardens.  I love it.  You can play for free or buy it.  I play for free right now.  So fun!!

Erica.biz - She seems very helpful and nice.  She has some good (free) online advice.

This is not fun, but important.  I found real people's stories of hard times on this Oprah forum.  They made me cry.  Some of them hit home pretty hard too.  Check them out here: Oprah.com Community Forum

And... that's about all for now I think.

Peace and Love,
Meagan

1 comment:

  1. You are quite welcome. I just wish it could have been more. Here's hope that things will get better.

    ReplyDelete